3/21/2016

Moved

Yep! We moved before I could get a chance to get organized at the last house.

This is our new one. So exciting being in a new location! It's been about a year since we have moved... so time to get back to pretending to be organized:)

As we thought about the move I couldn't decide what to do with many things, so my husband told me they were going to go. Going to go? I couldn't think about getting rid of so much stuff! I was a home daycare provider in but planned to find a new job, so all the daycare equipment and toys went. We purged clothing, garage stuff we kept just because there was room for it, really anything sitting around that I didn't have a good reason for keeping it... WENT! We donated most things to family and friends or Goodwill. The rest went in the trash or on the curb. I should have taken photos of the big purge... but it happened so fast I could hardly keep up with holding the door for all of it to go. I'm sure things were removed while I wasn't looking too.

We worried going from a house in Illinois with a 3 car garage and basement to a house in Texas with undersized 2 car garage and no basement was going to be a problem. It really wasn't, garage isn't deep enough to pull my van in, so 1 car is in the garage and 2 park outside... Now the extra car-bay is where our son creates pallet furniture.  There is also a game room and a media room upstairs that acts as the space we had in the basement... just exposed storage.

Still... what we did keep, needed new homes and an organized way of keeping it. I've been working on things for the past 9 months... progress, but things aren't totally there yet.

I'll have to agree my craft stuff (that I had not touched for years before the move...that I said I had to keep) still has not been touched for almost a year now. My son and I have created a few pallet projects an needed some of the acrylic paint. I sewed a nap-mat for my Nephew.. other than that... no stamping, no scrapbooking, no crafting.

The closet under the stairs contains: Christmas decor and craft materials.
#1 sell/purge stamps and stamp pads
#2 sell/purge Scrapbook stuff

Our guest room closet houses our oldest daughters memories and other things I don't know what to do with (decorations, empty storage totes, empty boxes, organizing stuff, air mattresses).
#3 define what should be in guest closet and remove/sell the rest.

Game Room has shelving from the playroom at the last house. It is repurposed to hold the books from the office, cords, fabric and scrapbook paper .

Media room has shelving from the last garage, holding Blackhawks collectables and extra blankets & pillows. We have movies in bins, games systems  and games to deal with as well. This room has a large couch that can sleep a few extra guests.

Laundry room holds washer, dryer, ironing board, step stool, vacuum, carpet cleaner, floor steamer, TP, tissues and too many cleaning products. Needs help in there!!

First floor office has a single bed for when his mom comes to visit, a shelf that needs to be reworked and a desk with 2 filing cabinets. My husband uses the office to work from home on Friday.

Coat closet (strange location) holds coats, hats, gloves, pool towels and pool misc. Need to tidy it up.

Bedroom has an Ikea expedit shelving with cubbies full of photo albums, photos in boxes, genealogy info and memories from the kids.
#4 I still need to scan photos and upload them:)

Those are the problems to start with... hopefully I'll get them under control quicker than the last house.

Happy Spring!!




No comments: